The Thirty Years War (1618-1648) had so severely damaged the old town hall thta the new structure, built in a North European baroque manner, took shape in the early years of the eighteenth century (1701-1703). Over the years, new sections were added or modified, but the building still retains the character of its original construction. 

Meeting room in the city hall, 1895 (photo by Karl Lange)

Meeting room in the city hall, 1895 (photo by Karl Lange)

more to come...